There is so much to say that we simply cannot fit it all in this space! But let me try and sum it up as follows:
* In the mid 1960s, Mr. Robert Heisner began training in the martial arts. At that time, he was a new Christian.
Shortly after he and his wife were married, he was stationed in Japan during the Vietnam war. While in Japan for two
years, he trained many hours each day and earned Black Belts in two different styles. After returning home, he continued
training and earned four more Black Belts. He attended Bible school and went into full time ministry.
* The above combination of events was used by the Lord to open doors of evangelism using the martial arts.
Mr. Heisner and Mr. Dallmann visited numerous college campuses (invited in by various college ministries) and did evangelistic
karate demonstrations. Many people heard the Gospel of Jesus Christ through these meetings.
* Through this, an evangelistic team was born. That team was called the "Warriors of the Sword".
Our team traveled the northeast USA and Canada preaching the Gospel. Thousands heard the salvation message of Jesus
* Bushido Kai (the style we teach) was birthed in 1989 and is a combination of the numerous styles studied by Mr.
* Over the years, we have had a number of different "Warriors of the Sword" chapters in different
A book has been published and is now available which will gives greater details of the history of our martial arts style
and club. Please don't hesitate to ask, if you have any questions.